Friday 18 July 2014

How do I adult?

First things first, we finally have (very fast) internet in my house, so hopefully there won't be any more extended periods of absence.

This week has been pretty hectic. I went to London on Tuesday to meet two of my lovely friends, and had a great time drinking cocktails and generally wandering around London. It was a belated birthday get together and the two of them also spoiled me rotten! (I think I have enough Fireball Whiskey to last at least a year!)

On Wednesday, I graduated! I was expecting this to be sitting through hours of speeches in unbearable heat, but it was actually really great. Afterwards I went out for a meal with my parents and boyfriend, which was nice, and went to the pub with friends afterwards. I am now officially not a student, but that's more of an inconvenience than anything else since I will be one again in about two months and I'm in an annoying state of limbo. Oh well. Having now received my degree the prospect of starting my Masters course is becoming very real, and I'm so excited!

Those hats are sharp.
While I was still at graduation, I also had a phone call asking me to come for an interview for a job I applied for at the start of June and had basically given up on ever hearing back from. I went to the interview this morning and got it! I won't be starting until August but I'm pretty excited. It's in a shop that I'm very familiar with since it's the nearest one to my house (and prior to that my boyfriend's house), so I'm really looking forward to working there!


No comments:

Post a Comment