Monday 14 July 2014

Birthday Post!

There's still no internet at my house hence the intermittent posting, but I'm presently at my boyfriend's so I thought I'd take the opportunity to do a post. I have a few things I want to write about but I'll do them a post at a time so that I don't wind up writing some obscenely long essay.

So, 7th July was my 21st birthday! I had a great time despite the celebrations being a little all over the place - I didn't fancy a big party so I spent the weekend before with my brother and parents (resulting in me receiving most of my presents early), and then spent the actual day with my boyfriend. Tomorrow I'm having a belated birthday meal in London with my two closest friends who don't live here in Southampton, so that should be fun :)

My friends and relatives were all incredibly generous, particularly those who sent me money which amounted to enough to almost pay off my entire overdraft! Aside from money, I received the following:

Spoilt rotten.
From my boyfriend: a nice floral handbag, which is exactly the right size to carry all the things I'll need to take between lectures next year (because I'm super keen and have done all my 'back to school' shopping already).
From my Aunt: the pink scarf on top of the bag in the picture, pink isn't normally a colour I like but this is gorgeous. It's also not too thick so I won't have to wait too long before I can wear it!
From my brother: a silver bracelet (you can't really see it in the picture but it's balanced on top of one of the books). My brother has always been really good at picking out presents!
From my parents: More jewellery which you also can't see, a necklace and a pair of earrings which have celtic knotwork patterns which I love. They also match a ring that I got from my boyfriend some time ago. Also an oil burner to go in my new room, a new pair of converse (my old ones were getting a bit tatty and I'd gone off the colour), and two books which were on the suggested reading list for my course next year! I also received a really lovely top from them but it was already in the laundry by the time I got round to taking this picture! I'll add a picture of that when I get round to it.

So yes, I'm a very happy bunny and thankful to have so many kind friends and relatives (including of course those who sent me birthday wishes but didn't get me anything!)


No comments:

Post a Comment